Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A Note to Sing :)

Not every wrong can be righted, not every turn cross checked before bending the curve. But those who have brothers know that safe haven that you rush back into at the slightest brewing of a storm.

For a long time (seems like forever to the mind's eye, really!), I have had this rock with me, urging me on and yet reassuring me when things fell awry. My baby blanket, my securest spot to crawl back into each time I took a wrong turn (and boy, haven't I had a few of those!) and my warmest hug, much like a big strong teddy (I'm a girl, what else do you expect? :P). A bright smile, a quick frown or as much as a simple "Munu." and my brain seems hardwired to receive all the signals, attuned to that of this wonderful person I know to be my brother.

This note has been a long while coming, but there probably aren't enough words yet that I can even begin to ascribe, to explain what you are to me, Ppd.

But for what I have said and all that I probably couldn't put into words, a huge THANK YOU is in order. Blinded as I am, I will only write to make it emblazoned- You really are the best, and you'll always be for me. :) :)

It is a nice feeling, to know that while you're still growing up, your childhood is right there, waiting with open arms to take you back to the cocoon. Its even better to know that someone knows you so well, and so true, that he'll get you your favourite gifts (books and chocolate :D) though you are lost in a mall with discount signs everywhere! But the best part is, its nice to know that how ever much you disagree, fight or don't talk, there's no walking away, just 'cause you simply have to make up and hug it out. Yes, that might mean that you'll speak your mind all the time, but its also to keep one relationship in life as honest as it gets. :)

It simply doesn't get any more real than this.

So, to my favourite person in the whole wide world: I love you Ppd, and I have no clue how I would even get through a single day without you.

A brother is indeed like the best friend who never ever gives up on you, even when you have given up.!

1 comment:

David said...

aah well! whats a brother for? ( I cant help but notice that you have left your part of playing the purrfect litl impy sis totally unsung - we shall have to let the world know of that one) :-P
loadsa luv, n give up? NEVER! :-*